$160 per 45-minute individual psychotherapy or relationship counseling session.
Out-of-pocket payment avoids insurance requirements and consequently offers better privacy. When insurance is used, the billing forms include diagnoses, service dates, and types of service. Additionally, managed care and EAP periodically require clinical information, as can any insurance company when it decides to review for insurance eligibility. With self-pay, your information stays in my office. No information must be shared with any third party without obtaining your informed consent beforehand, unless information is required by the Court for a legal proceeding or there is a major threat to self or others.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by considering the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits for a Ph.D. clinical psychologist?
- If sessions are to occur through telepsychology, does my insurance plan cover telepsychology?
- Is Dr. Fineberg a provider for my insurance company?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- What is my copay?
- Is pre- authorization required by my insurance company? (If so, please get it before the first appointment.)
- If I want to work on a relationship with those directly involved, will my insurance cover it?
- Do I have out-of-network coverage?
Although most companies offer out-of-network coverage, I qualify for in-network coverage for the following: Aetna, Anthem, BlueCross BlueShield, First Health/Coventry, Humana Choice Care, and Medicare. However, it is always wise to
Note : If I am not in-network, most insurance companies have out-of-network coverage that will help pay. I can still bill insurance for you.
Cash and checks are accepted for payment. If you use insurance and I am in-network, you will owe the copay or a percentage of the allowed fee, after having paid the deductible. If you are using out-of-network coverage, you will be asked to pay whatever part of my charge that the insurance doesn't pay.
If you do not come to your scheduled therapy appointment and you have not given notification at least 24 hours in advance, you will be charged $80 for the session.
Request a therapy appointment online here .
Questions? Please contact me for further information.